While it’s important to go through your things often, it might be even more beneficial to get real with yourself when making purchases. If you’re not 1,000% in love with it, move on. Otherwise it will just become clutter.
When it comes to clothing, ask yourself these questions before adding anything to your cart:
1. What will I wear this with?
2. Where do I see myself wearing this?
3. Is this quality material?
4. Will this be a pain in the ass to clean?
5. Do I already own something similar?
6. Do I absolutely LOVE this?
Unless I’m super excited to wear it, like right that minute, I usually sleep on it. Same story if I really love something that might be a little beyond what I want to spend. I wait. If I can’t stop thinking about it a few days later, then I might go back and buy it.
For more closet-keeping tips, check out more organizing tips here :)