The thought of transferring anything to a different container after bringing it home from the grocery store seemed like a waste of time at first. Who has time for that?
But once I started keeping our coffee beans in a clear glass jar (to retain freshness), I realized it made my mornings just a little bit easier. Then I tried decanting other essentials and now I’m hooked. I actually look forward to refilling the containers now ;) #nerdalert
A few reasons why you should try decanting:
- You can easily see when you’re running low and need to restock.
- It keeps you from buying something that you already have, hiding in the back of the cabinet.
- Clear containers are much prettier than most store packaging, reducing visual clutter.
- Food lasts longer in airtight containers – no more tossing food just because you couldn’t cook with it in time.
A few of my favorite kitchen containers:
- Ikea glass jar with bamboo lid
- Ikea airtight glass jar
- Ikea airtight pasta glass jar
- Container Store hermetic glass bottles
- Container Store modular glass containers
Are you hooked on decanting yet? If not, try it, even with just one pantry staple and watch what happens.