Once you’ve gone through the editing process, you’re ready to start putting your favorite, must-have pieces back in your closet. But be intentional about it to avoid future build-ups. Make your space so pretty that it motivates you to continue taking care of it. Below are 5 closet-keeping tips to try at home today:
- Matching hangers will instantly give your closet a more uniform, neat look – they really make such a difference! I personally love these wooden ones from Ikea.
- If you’re right-handed, hang everything facing left (and vice versa for lefties). This way, your pieces will always be facing you when you take them out of your closet.
- When you take something out of your closet, move the empty hanger to the front of the line so you don’t end up with a bunch of naked hangers lost among your other hung-up pieces.
- Try to get everything off your closet floor by using a shoe rack and utilizing wall space with hooks, shelves, etc. I love this bamboo shoe rack from Amazon – super easy to assemble.
- Keep a donation bag/basket in your closet so you’ll always have a place to toss the not-so-loved pieces as you come across them.
These are just a few of the things I like to keep in mind when it comes to closet makeovers and maintenance. If you’re looking for a little extra guidance in revamping your closet space, schedule a consultation – I’d love to work with you!